Make Peppermint White Hot Chocolate at Home this Holiday Season
It’s that time of year again—the holidays are right around the corner! Whether you’re looking for something special to add to your holiday menu or simply craving a cozy treat, peppermint white hot chocolate is the perfect festive beverage. Not only is it delicious and easy to make, but it’s also an excellent way to get into the holiday spirit! Let’s take a look at how to make this delightful winter drink.
Ingredients & Tools Needed
Before you can start making your peppermint white hot chocolate, you’ll need the following ingredients and tools:
- whole milk
- heavy cream
- white chocolate chips (or chopped white chocolate)
- vanilla extract
- peppermint syrup or extract
- Whipped cream
- Candy canes or another festive garnish
- Saucepan or pot
- Wooden spoon or whisk
- Heatproof mug or glass for serving
This recipe makes two servings, so adjust accordingly if you need more. Instructions Now that you have all your ingredients and tools ready, here’s how to make your peppermint white hot chocolate:
1. In a saucepan on low heat, combine the milk, heavy cream, white chocolate chips, sugar, vanilla extract and peppermint syrup. Stir continuously with a wooden spoon or whisk until all ingredients are thoroughly combined and heated through (about 5 minutes).
2. Once everything is melted together and hot enough to drink, pour into two mugs. Top with whipped cream and crushed candy cane pieces if desired. Enjoy!
3. To store any leftover hot chocolate mix for later use in case you don’t finish it in one sitting, let it cool down completely before transferring it into an airtight container and storing in the refrigerator overnight. When ready to use again just heat up on low heat in a saucepan or microwave until warm enough to enjoy!
Enjoying a warm cup of peppermint white hot chocolate is one of the best ways to get into the holiday spirit! This delicious winter beverage is easy to make with just a few simple ingredients and doesn’t require any fancy kitchen equipment either—all you need is a saucepan or pot plus some basic utensils like a wooden spoon or whisk. So gather up your ingredients and give this recipe a try this season—you won’t be disappointed! Happy holidays!