Rumchata hot chocolate recipe
This rumchata hot chocolate recipe is loaded with milk chocolate and creamy rum chata liqueur. With just a few simple ingredients you can easily make this warm, hot chocolate cocktail, that is sure to make your evening cozy. Top with mini marshmallows, whipped cream, and sprinkles, then enjoy this cold weather treat, especially during the holiday season.
If you enjoy the flavors of cinnamon, be sure to add a touch to the top of the whipped cream for an added sweet treat that is next level.
How to make rumchata hot chocolate:
- Hot cocoa mix: You can use any brand of powdered cocoa mix, I happened to have swiss miss hot cocoa on hand.
- Whipped cream: I used reddi whip whip cream, but if you wanted to add a homemade feel to this drink you could whip up your own homemade whipped cream.
- Milk: I used regular milk to make my hot chocolate, but you can make it with oat milk or almond milk.
- Rum chata creamy liqueur: If you aren’t familiar with Rum chata, it is a combination of rum and real dairy cream
- Heat one cup of water in a coffee mug.
- Place 3 tablespoons of cocoa mix in a mug and add hot water.
- Stir until cocoa mix is dissolved, then add 2 tablespoons or one shot of rumchata of rum chata in the hot chocolate. Add one teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Top with whipped cream and serve.
Be sure to try our variety of hot chocolate recipes below:
- Bailey’s strawberry and cream hot chocolate
- Oreo pumpkin spice hot chocolate
- Kahlua hot chocolate
- Peppermint hot chocolate
- Rumchata white hot chocolate made with cream liqueur
Can I make this rumchata hot cocoa recipe on the stove top?
Yes! You can heat milk in a small saucepan on low heat and then add cocoa powder and stir until dissolved. Add a shot of rum chata, pour into a mug and enjoy! You can even triple this recipe and put all of your ingredients in a slow cooker, perfect for large holiday parties. This is one of my favorite way to serve hot cocoa to a large group.
Can I make hot cocoa bombs with rumchata?
Yes! You can make easy hot chocolate bombs with just a few simple ingredients. Melt white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and fill the inside of the molds. I used silicone mold for hot chocolate molds with melted chocolate. When dry, fill a half ball with hot cocoa powder, one tablespoon of rum chata, and mini marshmallows. Seal with melted chocolate and drop into a cup of hot milk, stir and enjoy! Check out our hot chocolate bomb recipe!
If you love this recipe be sure to mention My Family Dinner Ideas on social media.