Peppermint hot chocolate
This Peppermint hot chocolate is one of my most favorite holiday drinks, plus I always look for any excuse to use my Wilton snowman face candy’s, they make holiday drinks so much fun! Full of warm chocolate flavors, sweet cream, and gourmet peppermint syrup, this hot chocolate recipe will put a smile on your face.
How to make peppermint hot chocolate:
- Hot cocoa mix: You can use any brand of powdered cocoa mix, I happened to have swiss miss hot cocoa on hand.
- Whipped cream: I used reddi whip whip cream, but if you wanted to add a homemade feel to this drink you could whip up your own homemade whipped cream with chocolate sprinkles.
- Milk: I used coffeemate vanilla coffee creamer in my hot chocolate, but you can make it with oat milk or soy milk.
- Monin peppermint syrup: If you haven’t used Monin syrup before you are in for a treat. You can order them on amazon and they add a gourmet flavor to drinks and recipes.
- Heat one cup of water in a coffee mug.
- Place 3 tablespoons of cocoa mix in a mug and add hot water.
- Stir until cocoa mix is dissolved, then add 1 tablespoon of peppermint syrup in the hot chocolate. Add one teaspoon of vanilla extract as well.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles and serve.
Be sure to try our variety of hot chocolate recipes below:
- Bailey’s strawberry and cream hot chocolate
- Oreo pumpkin spice hot chocolate
- Kahlua hot chocolate
Can I make hot cocoa bombs with Monin peppermint syrup?
Yes! You can easily make peppermint hot chocolate bombs with just a few simple ingredients. Melt milk chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and fill the inside of the round molds. I used silicone mold for hot chocolate molds from Amazon with melted chocolate. When dry, fill a half ball with hot cocoa powder, a few drops of peppermint syrup, and mini marshmallows. Seal with melted chocolate and drop into a cup of hot milk, stir and enjoy! Check out our hot chocolate bomb recipe!
If you love this recipe be sure to mention My Family Dinner Ideas on social media.