Homemade Pink & Aqua Heart Cookies are a delightful treat, perfect for celebrating special occasions or simply indulging in a sweet moment. These heart-shaped cookies, adorned with vibrant pink and aqua icing and whimsical white polka dots, are sure to brighten any day. Here’s how to make them:
For the Cookies:
- 1 cup of Butter – softened
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoons of Vanilla
- 1 teaspoons cake batter flavoring
- 2 1/2 cups of Flour
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
For the Icing:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk or water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pink and aqua gel food coloring
- White royal icing or frosting for polka dots
For the Cookies:
- Prepare Dough: In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract (if using) until well combined.
- Add Dry Ingredients: Gradually add the flour and salt to the wet ingredients, mixing until a soft dough forms. Divide the dough into two equal portions, shape each into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour until firm.
- Roll Out Dough: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). On a lightly floured surface, roll out one disc of dough to about 1/4 inch thickness. Use heart-shaped cookie cutters to cut out cookies and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake: Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the Icing:
- Prepare Icing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk or water, and vanilla extract until smooth. Divide the icing into two bowls.
- Color Icing: Add pink gel food coloring to one bowl of icing and aqua gel food coloring to the other bowl. Stir until the desired shades are reached.
- Decorate Cookies: Once the cookies are completely cooled, use a small offset spatula or spoon to spread a thin layer of pink or aqua icing onto each cookie. Allow the icing to set slightly.
- Add Polka Dots: Use white royal icing or frosting to pipe small polka dots onto the pink and aqua icing. You can use a piping bag fitted with a small round tip or simply snip a small corner off a plastic bag to pipe the dots.
- Let Set: Let the icing set completely before serving or packaging the cookies.
- Serve: Serve these delightful Pink & Aqua Heart Cookies as a sweet treat for Valentine’s Day, baby showers, or any special occasion.
- Make sure the cookies are completely cooled before icing to prevent the icing from melting.
- If you don’t have gel food coloring, you can use liquid food coloring, but you may need to adjust the amount to achieve the desired color intensity.
- Experiment with different sizes of heart-shaped cookie cutters for variety.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
These homemade Pink & Aqua Heart Cookies with white polka dots are sure to bring a smile to your face and joy to your taste buds. Enjoy sharing them with your loved ones and celebrating special moments together!